Wednesday, May 01, 2013

This has been on my design wall since forever. When I needed a sample for the class in North Carolina, I had the brilliant inspiration of setting the blocks on point and calling it a day. Then I had another brilliant idea - Cultured Expressions is sponsoring an exhibit at the Dei Museum in Ghana, and since I adore Lisa, I wanted to submit something, but both the size restriction as well as the no commercial pattern restriction had me significantly stymied.  But ta-da! Here's a nice Afro-Centric piece. Two birds, one stone. The piece is called, New York Beauty Goes to Africa. Various New York Beauty blocks made with African prints, some of which were purchased in Ghana and South Africa.

When one door closes, another opens. Or you can open the closed door. That's how doors work.

No comments: