Sunday, December 22, 2013

Brown Sugar Stitchers Christmas Party

Yesterday we had our annual Christmas Party...our guild gift this year was a pillowcase with the guild name on one side and personalized with the individual's name on the other. We had a small group this year (probably something to do with the way the holiday fell this year and proximity to Christmas), only 18, so I "volunteered" to embroider the names of everyone on the pillowcases. Why pillowcases? When we turn in quilts for shows and exhibits, we ask members to put them in pillowcases to protect the quilts from dust. We get quilts in paper bags, trash bags, boxes, and worst of all, nothing. (Always me, because I always forget. In California, we don't put the quilts in anything, so I'm in the habit of just bringing my quilt.)


The party was fun, as always. We met at Murphy's , the service was great, the food was excellent, the Bloody Mary delicious!
The winner of our raffle, donated by KiwiQuilts, was Joyce Turk.
The winner of our raffle quilt was Ali Reeves of Marietta! We hope she and her family will enjoy the quilt for many years to come!
 
I dream of a world where I'm in charge, chocolate makes you skinny, and everything is always 75% off. 

No comments: