Sunday, September 21, 2008

Latte Quilt


I bought the book for the Latte Quilt, a beautiful embroidered pattern by Kerrie Hay, about 3 or 4 years ago, but it was way too complex for my basic skills. Then last year, I scheduled a class at the Atlanta Sewing Center, but the instructor had to reschedule due to a death in her family, and my travel schedule got crazy, so I wasn't able to attend. How happy was I to see it on the class schedule this year! I rescheduled my trip to Arlington last week and took the first class, which was excellent! I learned so much! So this is the first block, and I can't get it to line up correctly. See how the bottom two pieces in the middle don't meet? The second one I did was off even more...I'm sure this has to do with how I'm placing the template.

1 comment:

Regina said...

I just did a search for Latte Quilt because I had never heard of it and now I know why, embroidery!!!!

It is lovely but I don't need a new obsession, thank you very much!