Sunday, August 09, 2009

Why there are UFO's...


Seriously! This is an 8-hour block! One block! People complete entire quilts in less time! So admittedly my paper piecing skills are a little rusty, and hopefully as I go along this will be faster, or it really will end up as a UFO! BTW - This is the pattern and fabric that got me in trouble in Chicago at the end of the show.

Knowing me, this one will probably get finished...it is soooooo challenging, and I do love a challenge. I admit to having ADD. I do get bored easily. Which I guess is why that "just can't cut it," a pattern with a bunch of large squares and rectangles, still isn't completed.

So, Marva called me with good news today - RA, aka The Sunshine Quilt, won second place at the quilt show. Actually third place, but who am I to argue? There was a tie for first place! How bout that? I've never won a ribbon in my life, never even crossed my mind that this could be in the running for a ribbon, so that was pretty cool.

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. When it hands you tomatoes, make Bloody Mary's!"

3 comments:

SHankins said...

Jeanette, This block is stunning. I love, love, love it! It reminds me of a kalediscope, something I've loved since I was a kid. What are your plans for this block?

Regina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your first ribbon and for such a nice quilt.

I can't wait to see what the other blocks in this current project look like, this one is stunning! The blue is mesmerizing. Are those Cherrywoods??

lenasdaughter said...

Thanks Sandi and Regina! I am so lucky to have such wonderful complimentary friends!

Regina, remember you told us about the great sale when we were in Chicago? I forget what the sale was, something like buy one thing, get 50% off something else. I was ON MY WAY OUT when I saw Karen and the other ladies in the store looking at some stuff when I saw this quilt. It's a block of the month and this was the first block. The others are equally stunning and equally challenging! Stay tuned!

Thank you Dear Friends!