Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Why I don't do swaps!

But I forget that I don't do swaps! :)  The log cabin is my favorite block...it's a beginner's block, but I just love all the things you can do with it, and I belong to a Yahoo Group where it's a round robin...one person starts the round with the center pieces, then mails it on to another person who adds three logs, they mail it on to another person who adds three logs and so on until the last person sends it back to the original person. It's fun, because others are selecting the fabrics/colors that go on your block. Some of the swaps have themes, like this one is all scrappy, and there are rules.

OK - so if you've been reading this blog for a while, you know I am anal about seams lining up and being straight and matching and all that...but when you are in a swap, you have given up all control over the straight thing. The last round robin I participated in, I actually loved the fabrics, and the seams were straight enough...so when they started another round, I thought, oh, this will be a good quilt to donate to Carrie Steele Pitts.  Today I got my first round:

Seriously?  Does this person own a ruler? That is not a distortion, that is how wonky that block is...and there are 18 more just like it!  So I promptly resigned from the swap. I hate to not keep my commitment, but do I really want this person working on my block? I don't think so.  

Yes, as a matter of fact, I would like some cheese to go with my whine!

1 comment:

Regina said...

You wrong Jeanette just wrong! hahahahahahaha.

I have stuck to my guns and have not done a swap since the red & white log cabin. Sometimes I am tempted but then I remember and my resolve returns. hahahaha, I am laughing now thinking of some of the swap disasters I have seen!