Thursday, March 24, 2011

17!

Yesterday I started thinking about the East Cobb Quilt Show in September and somehow I started thinking about Not Fast Food and how I had planned to finish that in time for the show. I spent an hour looking for the pattern (when am I going to get organized?), and decided I can finish this...by June 15. Right. I don't know if I can or not...each block takes 8 hours...and I have 17 more to go, which means I need 136 more hours to finish it by June. OK, I'm going to give it a shot. Stay tuned.

Here's the block I finished tonight. Using some of the techniques I've learned from Judy Neimeyer, it came together a lot better than the previous ones. I didn't have to take it apart 90 times. Only 89 times.


Sew much fabric, sew little time!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Heyyyyyy, don't tease us! Give us a few of those Judy Neimeyer tips. Please :)

lenasdaughter said...

Hey Regina! Thanks for stopping by! Are you impressed that so far I have kept my New Year's Resolution? It would be impossible to share the Niemeyer tips...you have to take a class with her...but some related to just being more efficient...cutting everything and lining the fabric up all at once instead of piece by piece. And I learned about Roxanne's Basting Glue from her, which is like taking a basting stitch to hold everything in place, but because you are holding it and not sewing it, the fabric doesn't move!

Have a wonderful summer, Dear Friend!