Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's a Guy Thang....

...You wouldn't understand!

Today is Al's birthday. For weeks he has been bugging me about sewing some ...patches on some...military bag. Would you ask Michaelangelo to paint the inside of your house? OK, so Michaelangelo I'm not, so I sucked it up and did his patches. I had no idea how hard it would be. The fabric keep slipping and I couldn't glue the patches down so they would stay in place so they kept slipping...what a pain! It was worth it though when I suprised him with it...I told him I was too busy to work on it, so he didn't know I was putting it together. I think it's the happiest I've seen him in the 20 something years we've been together. Reminds me of how I was knocking myself out making these gourmet meals when we were dating and I made him a turkey sandwich once and he said it was the best meal I had ever made for him. I guess it really is the simple things. For some people!


2 comments:

Regina said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet are you???

I completely agree about sewing on patches, Girl Scout patches are the pits to sew on!

What do Al's patches represent?
R

lenasdaughter said...

Hey Gina - so good to hear from you! Whatcha been up to? Did you go to Chicago? Will you go to Ohio?

The patches are different places or branches or something that he was in the Air Force. Patches are a pain in general, but that parachute fabric was so slippery! The woman at the cleaners told him $50 - I would have given her $100 if I had known.

Good to hear from you! Great Big Hugs!