Sunday, April 11, 2010

Superwoman!

Yesterday I kept hearing Alicia Keys singing "Superwoman" in my mind. It wasn't that it was a hard day, just too much going on. I fell asleep last night on the sofa in a good, hard, solid sleep, and I can't remember the last time I did that.

The day started with me getting ready for the cleaning people. I know, poor me. But there was a lot to put away and move around before they got here. I don't clean up for the cleaning people, but you need to put things away and get things organized that the cleaning people can't handle. Then our book club was meeting at 9:00 am instead of 10:00 to discuss "Their Eyes Were Watching God," by Zora Neale Hurston. Everybody loved the book, and we had a good discussion.

Then, off to teach my first quilt shop class at KiwiQuilts. I taught a post card class, and the students did a fantastic job. It was only supposed to be a 3-hour class but it ended up being 4.5 hours. Check these out:

This postcard was made by a person who is going on a cruise. You can barely see it in the photo, but it has all the ports of call of their trip. We decided that when she makes the card that she needs a lighter fabric, and should make the ports of call bigger.






How cute are these flip-flops?!












Pretty, colorful card!












This was my favorite card! It was created by a woman who is new to quilting. It started out with her just wanting to learn the technique, so she put a plain piece of purple fabric on the fusible. Way too plain, so we painted it and dried it in the sun. Now we had bling! She had the idea of putting the purple fabric on and then we embellished with buttons. While we had no plan, it turned out to be a gorgeous card.




Good job, Ladies! I was so tired after class! I had dinner from Chili's! And I get a gold star - in keeping with my newly organized self, I put ALL my class supplies away.

"Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman." OK, so it wasn't a Superwoman worthy day, but it was busy...maybe a little "s"?

How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy.

No comments: