Sunday, July 18, 2010

BSS 10th Anniversary Celebration

The Brown Sugar Stitchers held their 10th Anniversary Celebration yesterday. Under the leadership of Elisa Woods, the celebration was more than just a coming together of quilters to mark the passage of time. The guild honored several community leaders in Atlanta for their service. The honorees were (l-r) Author Pearl Cleage (What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day), Carrie Steele Pitts Home Executive Director Dr. Evelyn Lavizzo, Congressman and Civil Rights Leader John Lewis, Channel 2 Anchorperson Monica Pearson, and Rev. Dr. Cynthia Hale. They are each holding the quilts they received, and you could tell they were all pleased and honored to be acknowledged in such a special way. The program was held at The Pecan in College Park. It was awesome!


Photos of me with John Lewis and my new BFF Monica Pearson (she doesn't know this yet!)



I am adding to my UFO list ( just kidding - it's a Block of the Month, and each block is taking about 4 hours...so I can stay on top of that monthly!) I am taking a class at Atlanta Sewing Center using a new embroidery-applique technique from HoopSisters. Here are the completed blocks from Month 2. Month 1 is in my camera, which I cannot locate at the moment. I know it's around somewhere, because I downloaded the photos from yesterday!






Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
Albert Einstein

No comments: