Sunday, August 22, 2010

Best. Project. EVER!

Ann always does such a great job with the retreat...she does her best to make it special and fun -
she always makes a gift for each participant, plans at least one mystery quilt, gives us each a pattern, and let's not forget the games! So our gift exchange is that you are given a number and you choose your gift based on your number...then the fun begins! We have done the gift exchange where you can keep your gift or choose one of someone else's, but we have a variation on that theme. Ann has made up Quilter's Dice, and if you roll a double you get to choose a gift, and if you roll the guild's symbol, the gift is yours and no one can take it. Sally chose my gift, and the oohs and aahs when she opened it were very rewarding! Well worth the time and effort. But it kept getting taken away from her! And she kept winning it back by rolling doubles! In the end she lost it on a double that was rolled by Teri, so I am going to surprise Sally with a wallhanging. She worked hard for it and we all had lots of fun!

But the best project? This key hanger thing!

My keys can't get lost! Well, they can, but not as

easily. My mother used to say I would lose my head if it wasn't attached, and that is as true today as it was 50 years ago! Case in point...I just spent most of the weekend looking for my iPhone. I knew it was here, because I had it on Friday. And I knew it was here because Mobile Me (the Best App ever! Well worth the $100 a year) said it was. But where? Not in my office where I had it last, not in my sewing room, not in my closet, not in the laundry room under a stack of clothes. Mobile Me has perfected the science of finding lost things...now that you know it's in the house, but where, you can send out a little signal! But I still couldn't find the dang thing! Finally this afternoon after eliminating all the places I thought it was, I gave the beeping signal one last try and looked in the garage. Voila! A very faint signal! From my car? Move the car outside...nope...from the garbage can! Either I scooped my iPhone up with some stuff I threw away on my desk, or I had it in my hand when I was throwing something else away. Anyway...I'm a happy camper. Until they make a little GPS signal with beeper for keys and glasses, which will make someone very, very rich, this key chain thingie is fabulous! And it only took about half an hour to make!

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'll bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!

No comments: