Sunday, August 08, 2010

For the Retreat


I've mentioned in the past the retreat that I go to in the Bay Area - at San Damiano in Danville. I don't think I've mentioned that we do a gift exchange...Friday night, after dinner, Saturday night after dinner, and then on Sunday, but I'm never around for that one. So, I've got one gift done.
It's a panel that I've quilted and added borders to. It took all day, much longer than I had planned, but there it is on the left. I see that my quilting needs to be redone. It looks kinda bad, huh? My straight lines aren't. I think I'll redo it with a filler that doesn't require a lot of accuracy. Why is there never enough time to do something right the first time, but always time to do it over?
Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!

No comments: