Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Y, oh Y?

Intellectually, I understand Y seams. In Theory, I totally get Y seams. You sew down the left side, pivot, sew up the other side. This is what a well executed Y seam looks like (except for that threads nest at the intersection). Judy Niemeyer did this demo for us with paper when I  took a class with her in February. Apparently I thought just looking at the picture would remind me of some important concept, but for some reason, that ain't happening.
 

 
That is the way it works in Theory. Here in Reality where I live and sew, I can't execute a Y seam to save my life. You know I'm not one for "quilt it out," but I hate Y seams so much, these are as good as it's going to get. It's just a little pucker...

Put your Mr. Rogers sweater on, because it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!


No comments: