Friday, April 22, 2011

Sankofa -

The African American Quilt Guild of Oakland held their first ever quilt show on Saturday! It was sooooo good! You know that fear of throwing party and nobody comes?  Imagine if you throw a quilt show and nobody comes? Of course, you know your family and friends will come, but aside from that...Well - we need not have worried. There were HUNDREDS of people there! Family and friends, of course, but it was great to see all my friends from EBHQ...and members of my mini-group - Susan and Anne were there - oh, it made me miss California so much! Saturday morning, Doris, Regina and I walked Lake Merritt in the morning...



..., then I went to the show. This is my favorite quilt from the show...it is Swirling Batiks by Benita Jones...all those curves!




Sunday morning I went for a walk at Redwood before I headed back home. I am so out of shape...




This hill near 'bout kilt me. And this was the easy way! Redwood Park was about 15 minutes from our house...it was a lot easier to walk with such a beautiful place to hike so close to home. Farther down in the valley, there are waterfalls and more beautiful Redwoods.




No atoms casually together hurl'd
Could e'er produce so beautiful a world.
John Dryden

No comments: