Sunday, June 24, 2012

One of eight

There are 8 pieces in this section, and I thought I would bang this out in no time. Ha! I don't really enjoy applique, and so it's not in my wheelhouse. That little stem took me at least two hours. I made it harder on myself than it needed to be. I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to turn the stem inside out (you don't). Finally looking at the bias bar I figured out that it doesn't get turned inside out. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Seven more to go, but not today.


I prefer not to think before speaking. I like being as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

2 comments:

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

This looks like a project. What pattern are you using?

2 days and counting. Congratulations on reaching this milestone.

lenasdaughter said...

You know, it's not that hard...the pattern is called "Cattails in the Meadow," by Judy Neimeyer, of course. You know I'm a Judy fan! :)

http://www.quiltworx.com/patterns/Cattails%20in%20the%20Meadow